Title: Intern IT SharePoint
Department: Information Technology
Location: Denver, CO
Mentor: Manager – Technical Solutions
Time Period: Summer 2016
Whiting Petroleum is an independent exploration and production Company with an oil focused asset base. This intern position provides opportunities for students to experience practical applications of technology in the energy industry to supplement their classroom learning.
Undergraduate students enrolled in a Computer Science or Management Information Systems program. Excellent written and verbal communication skills desired. Software development skills are preferred. The candidate must have the ability to work with all types of people and situations as well as work well in a team environment.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- The intern will work alongside our IT administration teams to consult with business users about their collaboration needs, match tools to fit those needs, configure systems such as SharePoint Team Sites
- Develop and deliver training for site owners and site consumers
- Ensure content is up to date
- Deploy and support the configuration of SharePoint sites used for team collaboration
- Performs additional responsibilities as needed to achieve business objectives.
- Attending field visits and/or tours necessary to the completion of assigned projects or advancement of education
- Constructing and presenting a project summary presentation to Whiting employees
For more information on internship opportunities at Whiting Petroleum Corporation, please contact Raychel Duncan, Campus Recruiting Coordinator at 303-802-8296 or Raychel.Duncan@whiting.com