Department: Information Technology
Location: Denver, CO
Mentor: Manager of Support Services
Time Period: Summer 2016
Whiting Petroleum is an independent exploration and production Company with an oil focused asset base. This intern position provides opportunities for students to experience practical applications of the energy industry to supplement their classroom learning.
Undergraduate students enrolled in a Computer Science program or Management Information Systems. Excellent written and verbal communication skills desired. The candidate must have the ability to work with all types of people and situations as well as work well in a team environment.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Working with the Support Services team to provide support solutions to our internal customer base
- Providing a solutions to a specific process improvement initiative including researching, developing, implementing and documenting the solution
- Providing hardware support including printers, desktops, workstations, laptops and conference room equipment
- Providing software support including imaging computers with Windows 7, Microsoft Office products, Oil and Gas specific software suites such as ArcGIS.
- Attending field visits and/or tours necessary to the completion of assigned projects or advancement of education
- Constructing and presenting a project summary presentation to Whiting employees
This is a hands-on position and will include time spent with different Information Technology team members learning about different aspects of Support Services. Work will include traditional service desk work, desktop support and process improvement efforts.
For more information on internship opportunities at Whiting Petroleum Corporation, please contact Raychel Duncan, Campus Recruiting Coordinator at 303-802-8296 or Raychel.Duncan@whiting.com